Making a tax-deductible gift of stock to PSR-LA
Making a stock donation is a simple and powerful way to support the work of PSR-LA.
It also offers you a number of financial benefits:
- You can easily donate appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual funds
- The total value of the stock upon transfer is tax-deductible
- There is no obligation to pay any capital gains taxes on the appreciation
Note: Individual situations vary so donors should consult their advisors
Donating stock to the PSR-LA can be accomplished in two easy steps
1. Authorize your broker to transfer your shares
Contact the institution where your stocks are held and let them know you’d like to transfer the shares to the Physicians for Social Responsibility Los Angeles account at City National Securities. You may need the following codes:
For the Benefit of: Physicians for Social Responsibility Los Angeles
Account #: BHS-301584
PSR-LA’s Employer Identification Number (EIN)/Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN) is 95-3956136.
2. Let us know about your stock gift
Stock donations transferred to our account aren’t accompanied by donor information. We want to be sure we can acknowledge your charitable donation of stock and send you a tax receipt, so please be in touch. Please report your stock gift by:
- Fill out this Stock Gift Notification Form
- Send the completed form to PSR-LA by
- Email to [email protected]
- Mail to Physicians for Social Responsibility Los Angeles
ATTN: Maki Tohmon
617 S. Olive St. Suite 1100
Los Angeles, CA 90014
As soon as your stock donation gift is identified, we’ll send you an acknowledgment letter in the mail.
PSR-LA does NOT accept stock of alcohol, tobacco, oil, and chemical manufacturers, polluters and their lobbyists.