The Membership Coordinator will work closely with PSR-LA’s management team to cultivate, educate, and manage our member base, develop relationships and partnerships with the broader health community, and support the organization’s development efforts.
Tasks and Responsities
- Work with PSR-LA management team to develop and implement member recruitment, retention, and engagement plans and strategies
- Coordinate the delivery of membership benefits such as webinars, in-person meetings, mixers, and trainings on topics such as nuclear weapons, climate change policy, oil extraction, toxic chemicals, and air pollution
- Coordinate and conduct health education on PSR-LA program areas in clinics, hospitals, health and medical associations, and health organizations
- Develop relationships and strategic partnerships with health clinics and hospitals working in diverse communities throughout Los Angeles
- Work closely with program staff to identify and develop strategic engagement opportunities for PSR-LA members to participate in campaigns and projects
- Implement PSR-LA’s Health Ambassador Program
- As part of development team will help plan and implement fundraising activities, membership drives and special events
- Coordinate all communications with member base, including monthly updates, newsletter, action alerts, and event invitations
- Update and maintain membership and donor database
- Bachelor’s degree recommended, but will accept experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of three years of experience working in nonprofit or healthcare sectors
- Familiarity and prior experience working with medical and public health community
- Passion for public health, social justice, and environmental justice
- Experience in health education and knowledge of popular education tools preferred
- Experience with organizing tactics and member/volunteer recruitment and engagement preferred
- Experience in development and fundraising preferred
- Valid automobile driver’s license and reliable transportation. This position will involve travel to clinics and meetings throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area. Must be able to accommodate a variable work schedule including nights and weekends.
- Event planning and project management
- Strong interpersonal, written communication, and public speaking skills
- Demonstrated commitment to social, environmental and racial justice
- Demonstration of leadership and coordination skills, ability to work as part of a close-knit team, experience facilitating meetings
- Highly motivated, self-directed individual with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize among multiple projects and plans
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, database programs, internet research
Hours and Compensation
This is a full time position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration to email@example.com. Start date is August 7th, but applications will be continue to be accepted until the position is filled.