Posted December 2012
Physicians for Social Responsibility-Los Angeles (PSR-LA) seeks a full time Membership & Communications Associate to collaborate with staff in expanding PSR-LA’s membership and communications programs.
About the Organization
PSR-LA is a physician membership organization working towards system and policy changes to protect public health from nuclear threats and environmental degradation. Representing over 5,000 physicians, health professionals, and concerned residents in California, we inform the medical community and policymakers about toxic threats, teach them about safer practices, build coalitions with state-wide and national organizations, and strengthen local community organizations to engage in meaningful public health and environmental advocacy.
- College graduate with at least 2 years work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and internet research
- Knowledge of social media tools, social marketing and website maintenance
- Strong interest in environmental health, social justice, and/or peace and security issues
- Excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Motivated, self-starter, and great attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, and work independently
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Organize membership activities such as webinars, in-person meetings, trainings, and mixers
- Maintain donor database and plan development activities
- Coordinate newsletters, press releases, and advocacy action alerts
- Design and produce publications as needed
- Copyedit and proofread materials
- Review and answer correspondence, including distributing mail and email
- Coordinate with vendors, visitors, and volunteers
- Answer phones as needed
- Take notes at meetings and other related duties
Hours and Compensation
This is a one-year 40-hour per week position with the possibility of extension. Hourly rate based on qualifications and experience. Applicant must be available during regular business hours and some evenings/weekends. Job may require occasional travel within California and out of the state. Valid California driver’s license required. PSR-LA is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to [email protected]