Physicians for Social Responsibility – Los Angeles (PSR-LA) has experienced significant growth over the past two years and we are currently seeking a Membership Program Manager who will work closely with PSR-LA’s management team, staff, and community partners to increase the visibility of PSR-LA and advance our goal of winning transformative policy change.
The Membership Program Manager will lead development strategy planning to engage and activate health professionals in campaign and advocacy efforts. They will collaborate with the Management team and lead efforts for recruiting and retaining health professionals as members. The Manager will develop relationships and strategic partnerships with health clinics and hospitals working with diverse communities throughout Los Angeles. They will coordinate events, webinars, in-person meetings and training on various PSR-LA issue areas and work with the communications manager on updates. The Manager will analyze membership engagement reports and stay current with new recruitment trends. They will also support development in researching and writing for program funds and end-of-year campaigns.
- Commitment to public health and social, environmental and racial justice
- Familiarity with nonprofit organizations and the medical and public health communities preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written communication, and public speaking skills
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit clear, engaging, and grammatically correct content
- Demonstrated oral communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to convey information in a clear, concise way, synthesizing information and presenting it to others
- Experience with engagement tools such as Moblize and Everyaction
- Experience managing membership drives and analyzing membership reports
- Experience with developing engagement strategies
- Event planning and project management skills
- Ability to develop relationships with health professionals and funders
- Ability to create educational content for members
- Proven skill at working in a collective environment, including interpersonal skills to interact sensitively with colleagues, students, community members, and workers from diverse social, cultural, and educational backgrounds
- Creative thinking and proven systematic organizational skills to work independently without supervision, determine workload priorities to complete work in a timely manner, and identify and resolve problems
- Demonstrated leadership and coordination skills, ability to work as part of a close-knit team, experience facilitating meetings
- Highly motivated, self-directed individual with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize among multiple projects and plans
Education: 2 years or more of experience in a combination of areas: membership management, environmental health, and justice and or organizing and coalition/community building.
Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to Environmental Science or Biology preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment Status: Full-Time Exempt Salaried
Location: Position is based in Los Angeles, CA. We have been working remotely since the COVID-19 pandemic began, however qualified applicants should reside in the Metro Los Angeles region and be able to access our Los Angeles based office.
Compensation: Salary ranging from $65,000 – $75,000 based on experience. PSR-LA offers a robust benefits package that includes employer paid healthcare, dental, vision premiums for employees and dependents, as well as paid time off, professional development and staff wellness benefits.
Preferred Start Date: August 2022
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample for consideration to [email protected].
This position is open until filled. PSR-LA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, BIPOC and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Physicians for Social Responsibility – Los Angeles (PSR-LA)
PSR-LA is a physician membership organization focused on supporting environmental justice communities and promoting policies centered on the needs of frontline communities. For over a decade PSR-LA has worked with a broad range of community-based organizations, health professionals and residents who are impacted by the cumulative impacts of racism, poverty and pollution. Focusing specifically on issues of toxic chemicals, air pollution, healthy land uses, equitable development, and the threats posed by nuclear weapons, PSR-LA provides health education, research, and policy solutions and we engage a wide range of groups, communities, and health professionals. Our work builds power for collective action to protect human health and the environment.
The majority of PSR-LA staff members are people of color and for the last 20 years our growth has been led by a woman of color. Our work is deeply aligned with the environmental justice movement and we are emerging as a strong public health voice for a just transition from the COVID-19 pandemic and the climate crisis. Our collective work to build a more caring, restorative economy demonstrates how the health voice can support the creation of healthy communities