Please join us next Wednesday, July 3 @ LA City Hall @ 9:30AM as we take an important step in addressing the climate and environmental justice crisis in our communities and on our planet.
The LA City Council will vote to establish a Climate Emergency Mobilization Office and Commission to decarbonize, detoxify, and democratize our local and regional economies. This includes:
- The formal declaration of a climate emergency in the City of Los Angeles;
- Creating a Climate Emergency Mobilization Office inside City Hall;
- Establishing a Climate Emergency Commission with strong indigenous and front-line community representation;
- A plan to hold Community Assemblies in front-line communities across our city to shape the City’s Climate Emergency Mobilization Plan;
- $1 million allocated in the 2019-2020 budget for the Office’s programs as well as additional community-based climate solutions identified in the assemblies.
We invite you to express support for and celebrate this breakthrough with all our supporters — this simply would not have been possible without the organizing work of residents and activists like you across the City. Moving forward, we need your ongoing support to ensure all these initiatives have the impact we need!
We also want to thank Councilmembers Paul Koretz and Nury Martinez for their leadership and their partnership with our coalition on this effort.
We look forward to seeing you at City Hall on July 3!
All of us at PSR-LA