Donor Advised Funds (DAF)

Making a gift through your Donor Advised Fund

DAFs are the fastest-growing giving method and a tax-efficient way to manage your charitable donations. They allow donors to make a contribution and receive an immediate tax deduction. It provides an immediate tax benefit to you, and allows you to easily support PSR-LA and other charities of your choice over time.

Grants made to PSR-LA through DAFs can be designated for PSR-LA to use wherever the need is greatest. Clients of Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, and BNY Mellon can easily make a designation through this DAF Direct tool.

If your donor advised fund is not listed here, please contact your adviser at your DAF financial institution or charitable sponsor directly to make your recommendation.

You may need to provide the following information:

Physicians for Social Responsibility – Los Angeles
617 S. Olive St. Suite 1100
Los Angeles, CA 90014

PSR-LA’s Employer Identification Number (EIN)/Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN) is 95-3956136.


Why use Donor Advised Funds?

  • Easy to turn your portfolio into an impactful gift to improve health equity and environmental justice.
  • Eliminates capital gains on donated stock. Giving accounts have the potential to grow, possibly providing additional funding when you are ready to make a gift.
  • You can make recurring gifts with ease, helping us to be prepared for the next emergency.
  • You can quickly put your charitable dollars into action to respond to emergencies and disasters with an immediate grant.

Please note that PSR-LA does not provide tax or legal advice. Speak with your professional tax or legal advisor with questions about donor advised funds and gifts to PSR-LA.


Designate PSR-LA as a successor-in-interest for your Donor Advised Fund

Consider designating PSR-LA as a successor-in interest to a percentage of your charitable giving account to support national parks after your lifetime. Naming PSR-LA as a successor-in-interest is similar to making a beneficiary designation on a retirement account.
For more information about how to name PSR-LA on your donor-advised fund, contact the financial institution or public charity that holds your account.