Where: Immanuel Presbyterian Church, 3300 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of Vermont)
Contact: Philip Freeman, [email protected]
Civic Ceremony at City Hall with the Mayor’s Office, & an evening concert at Immanuel Presbyterian Church at 7 PM. We will celebrate the spirit of the March, Los Angeles, peace, and nonviolence.
(From http://www.worldmarchusa.net/): The World March for Peace and Non-Violence is an unprecedented social mobilization which aims to create consciousness of the dangerous global situation in which we are living — a situation marked by the heightened probability of nuclear conflict, a renewed arms race, and the violent military occupation of foreign territories.
To avoid a future nuclear catastrophe we must surpass violence today, demanding:
- nuclear disarmament at a global level
- the immediate withdrawal of invading troops from occupied territories
- the progressive and proportional reduction of conventional weapons
- the signing of non-aggression treaties between countries
- the renunciation by governments of the use of war as a means to resolve conflicts
Learn more about this event at: http://www.worldmarchusa.net/
Supported and promoted by PSR-LA.