The conference will be held on November 4 at the Huffington Center in Los Angeles. Participants include the Arms Control Association, the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, and the William J. Perry Project.
- Download conference flyer
- Download conference agenda
- Read press release
- Sponsor or donate to the conference
Featured line-up of speakers are:
- Daryl Kimball, Executive Director of the Arms Control Association
- Dr. Robert Dodge, President of the Physicians for Social Responsibility – Los Angeles
- Shigeko Sasamori, Peace advocate and Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Survivor (hibakusha)
- Rick Wayman, Director of Programs and Operations – Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
- Lisa Perry, Digital Communications – William J. Perry Project
- Heather Joy Thompson, US State Department
We will also have special video messages for our attendees from:
- Dr. William J. Perry, 19th United States Secretary of Defense
- Dr. Lassina Zerbo, Executive Secretary of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization
Through this critical and timely event, we will engage a new and diverse generation that can help us build lasting leadership for nuclear disarmament in Southern California.
For additional information. please contact Denise Duffield at 213-689-9170 ext. 104 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
2017 Youth Conference Los Angeles – Convening organizations
Physicians for Social Responsibility-Los Angeles (PSR-LA) is the largest chapter of the national organization Physicians for Social Responsibility, American recipient of the 1985 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War. We advocate for policies and practices that improve public health, eliminate nuclear and environmental threats, and address health disparities.
Alliance Dr. Olga Mohan High School (ADOMHS) is a charter school in downtown Los Angeles dedicated to academic excellence in low-income communities. ADOMHS was recently named a 2017 National Blue Ribbon School, the nation’s highest honor for schools. ADOMHS students have participated in disarmament forums in Nagasaki, Japan and Vienna, Austria and have successfully petitioned their school to become a Nuclear Weapons Free Zone.