March 6 – International Women’s Day – Celebrating Our Power
Please join the Reproductive Justice Coalition of Los Angeles and sponsoring organizations for “Celebrating Our Power – Building our Skills,” a celebration of International Women’s Day on March 6th, 2010 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Office of Planned Parenthood Los Angeles, 400 West 30th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90007.
“Celebrating Our Power – Building our Skills” will honor the power of women to make change in the world, and provide an opportunity to sharpen our skills as advocates for health and justice.
The event will include discussions of:
- *Improving air quality along the 710 freeway – why this is a reproductive health and justice issue
- *Healthy nail salons and healthy black hair care – building multicultural alliances to green the hair and nail industry
- *Moving from personal responsibility to political action – getting dangerous chemicals out of personal care products
- *Demonstrations on how to make your own safe cleaning products
- *Public speaking and advocacy skills training
The event will also offer the opportunity to network and strengthen relationships with allies. Please join us in exploring the intersections of reproductive justice and environmental justice and how we are working together to strengthen our respective movements.
FREE Lunch Provided | Translation Available | Please let us know if you are bringing your children
RSVP to Martha Dina Arguello at 213-689-9170 ext. 101.
Black Women For Wellness
East Yard Communities for Environmental Justice
Californians for a Healthy and Green Economy
California Latinas for Reproductive Justice
Los Angeles Reproductive Justice Coalition
Physicians for Social Responsibility- Los Angeles
Planned Parenthood Advocacy Project of Los Angeles