Position Available: Membership Coordinator
Physicians for Social Responsibility-Los Angeles advocates for policies and practices that improve public health, eliminate nuclear and environmental threats, and address health disparities. We are a membership organization of health professionals and health advocates working towards system and policy changes to ensure that communities are healthy, safe, and equitable places to live, work, play and learn. We work with our members and concerned residents to elevate the voices of both health experts and communities in critical policy discussions, advocate for safer practices and alternatives, build coalitions with local, state-wide and national organizations, and support the ability of our members to engage in meaningful public health advocacy.
The Membership Coordinator will work closely with PSR-LA’s management team to cultivate, educate, and manage our member base, develop relationships and partnerships with the broader health community, and support the organization’s development efforts.
Tasks and Responsities
- Work with PSR-LA management team to develop and implement member recruitment, retention, and engagement plans and strategies
- Coordinate the delivery of membership benefits such as webinars, in-person meetings, mixers, and trainings on topics such as nuclear weapons, climate change policy, oil extraction, toxic chemicals, and air pollution
- Coordinate and conduct health education on PSR-LA program areas in clinics, hospitals, health and medical associations, and health organizations
- Develop relationships and strategic partnerships with health clinics and hospitals working in diverse communities throughout Los Angeles
- Work closely with program staff to identify and develop strategic engagement opportunities for PSR-LA members to participate in campaigns and projects
- Implement PSR-LA’s Health Ambassador Program
- As part of development team will help plan and implement fundraising activities, membership drives and special events
- Coordinate all communications with member base, including monthly updates, newsletter, action alerts, and event invitations
- Update and maintain membership and donor database
- Bachelor’s degree recommended, but will accept experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of three years of experience working in nonprofit or healthcare sectors
- Familiarity and prior experience working with medical and public health community
- Passion for public health, social justice, and environmental justice
- Experience in health education and knowledge of popular education tools preferred
- Experience with organizing tactics and member/volunteer recruitment and engagement preferred
- Experience in development and fundraising preferred
- Valid automobile driver’s license and reliable transportation. This position will involve travel to clinics and meetings throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area. Must be able to accommodate a variable work schedule including nights and weekends.
- Event planning and project management
- Strong interpersonal, written communication, and public speaking skills
- Demonstrated commitment to social, environmental and racial justice
- Demonstration of leadership and coordination skills, ability to work as part of a close-knit team, experience facilitating meetings
- Highly motivated, self-directed individual with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize among multiple projects and plans
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, database programs, internet research
Hours and Compensation
This is a full time position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Start date is August 7th, but applications will be continue to be accepted until the position is filled.