PSR-LA | Dec 13, 2011
Please join us on January 12, 2012 at UCLA for an important forum exploring the environmental influences on neurodevelopment. This event is co-sponsored by The Autism Society, the Collaborative on Health and the Environment’s (CHE’s) Learning and Developmental Disabilities Initiative, the UCLA School of Public Health, Healthy Child Healthy World, and Physicians for Social Responsibility-Los Angeles (PSR-LA).
Environmental Influences on Neurodevelopment: Translating the Emerging Science into Public Health Policy
In this half-day workshop, national experts from diverse sectors will highlight the latest research on associations between environmental exposures and early neurodevelopment as well as the implications for prevention-based public health policy. This meeting is intended to catalyze cross-discipline discussions among leaders in environmental, experimental and epidemiologic fields as well as those involved in public policy and environmental health advocacy.
The workshop is open to the public. Faculty, students, policy makers, and others concerned with environmental influences on neurodevelopment and public health are particularly encouraged to attend.
- Linda Birnbaum, PhD, DABT, ATS, Director, National Institute on Environmental Health
- Brenda Eskenazi, PhD, Director, Children’s Center for Environmental Health, University of California at Berkeley School of Public Health
- Irva Hertz-Picciotto, PhD, MPH, Professor and Chief, Division of Environmental and Occupational Health, UC Davis
- Peggy Honein, PhD, MPH, National Center on Birth Defects
- Richard Jackson, MD, MPH, Professor and Chair, Environmental Health Sciences, UCLA School of Public Health
- Richard Denison, PhD, Senior Scientist, Environmental Defense Fund
- Bruce Lanphear, MD, MPH, Child & Family Research Institute, British Columbia Children’s Hospital and Simon Fraser University
- Timothy Malloy, JD, Faculty Director, UCLA Sustainable Technology and Policy Program
Click here to register for this workshop. Space is limited! The registration fee of $25 includes lunch. Scholarships are available. $10 student rate.
Date: January 12, 2012
Location: CNSI Facility at UCLA
Time: 12:00 Noon – 5:00 PM
Box lunches and other refreshments will be served.
For more information, please visit:
About the Author: